Fennel flan is so delicious and so easy to make!
The first time I try Fennel flan, i definitely felt in love with it. Also because of the short time it needs to be made. It’s a perfect vegetarian side dish!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Doses: 6 persons
3 big fennel
3 big tomatoes
100 gr of breadcrumb
2 tbsp of parsley
2 tbsp of oregano
2 mozzarella cheese
50 gr of parmesan cheese
50 gr of pecorino cheese
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper q.s.
- Start cleaning the fennels. Cut into stripes 2cm thick and boil in hot salted water for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- Let them cool.
- Now boil in hot water the tomatoes for about 3-5 minutes. Take off the tomatoes skin and cut them too into stripes.
- Place fennels and tomatoes into a bowl and add the grated parmesan and pecorino cheeses, breadcrumb, diced mozzarella cheese, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and the olive oil.
- Mix well and place the ingredients into a baking pan adding a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, a drizzle of olive oil on top.
- Bake into preheated oven to 180°C for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve the fennel flan hot.
Tips and storage: The fennel flan can be stored in an airtight container into the fridge for about 2.3 days.